Making Money FAQ

Greetings!

I was recently sent a link to what looks like a very interesting discussion about making money while traveling. I think it’s worth a read. It’s in .PDF format.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

3 Likes

Hey, Van_Dweller, its really inspiring to read about you and others. I’m really interested in Off Grid and his teachings, but I cannot find him anywhere. Maybe someone can lend a helping hand!
Cheers!

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Off Grid can be hard to catch, he does a lot of rally’s. He’s a regular on the Warrior’s Forum, but for some reason they aren’t accepting any new members.

Where are you located? I might be able to get his schedule…

Cheers!

"Swamp coolers for the win to beat the heat." ~Road Warrior

Thanks for the .PDF! Curious as to if anyone has suggestions on where to start with that Ebook gig. Buying rights and permissions and such?

Greetings!

Do a search for “ebook resale rights”, there are tons of them available on ebay and numerous websites. Some websites offer memberships with monthly or yearly dues, and have hundred or even thousands of choices available. Some even come with ready made websites.

You need a popular subject/topic, you want to be able to sell at least 1,000 copies within a month or so.

Marketing is the key here, and free classifieds are the perfect answer. There are 300+ major metro areas in the USA. An ad in each of those areas will reach millions of people. If only 5 people from each area buy your ebook, you have just sold 1,500+ copies. Many people are making $30+ profit per ebook sold, but even at only $10, you would have just made $15,000 for a few weeks worth of work. The beautiful thing about ebooks is that you only have to buy it once, but you can sell it as many times as you like if you have resale rights.

I have a good friend that makes $100k+ a year selling recipe books geared towards the various holidays. All from her laptop as her and her family travel the country in a $250k+ motorhome, all paid for through ebook sales after her husband became disabled and they lost their house to forclosure. With homelessness looming near, she mowed lawns and cleaned houses to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. She started selling ebooks in her spare time, and quickly turned their lives and fortunes around.

Most ebook authors don’t understand marketing, and most marketers make peanuts while making someone else a fortune, but if you combine the two, the fortune being made can be all yours. I’ve sold ebooks myself, and there’s almost unlimited potential. I only switched away from it because I wanted more human interaction. Sitting in the middle of nowhere by myself was no fun, no matter how much I was making. I make a much better city dweller, with lot’s of people to enjoy life with. I can still be alone in my van any time I choose, even in the middle of the city.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks Van_Dweller. Im from Spain so the location thing may not work ;D. I’ll take a look at that forum, looks promising.

Cheers

Oh, but how can you get free ads in metro areas? I’m so lost in the ads field dammit.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT. I cannot keep replying in the same post cause new account, so I’ll use this one to thank you, Van_Dweller for the help!

Greetings!

There are free online classifieds sites almost everywhere. Different ones may be the most popular in any given area. Just google “free classified” followed by your area.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi all

Took my very first tentative steps into the world of online selling today.

I looked at a couple of you tube videos about selling E-Books followed the advice and set up an account with resell rights weekly and payhip and downloaded my very first book strangely anough all about living in an RV!!

Ive got 2 years to start an online business to sustain my new vanlife without risking my neck as a motorcycle courier in London anymore, so lots of time to iron out the problems

Greetings!

Sounds good! Keep us posted on how it’s going with that.

I did ebooks for a while myself, so I may be able to offer some guidance if desired.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller

Hi

what kind of course did you do for your computer repairs and is it easy to set up an online business along the lines of what you are doing now

I would welcome some thoughts on selling e books . .thanks

cheers

Greetings!

I learned various ways of making money both online, and on the road at workshops while attending rallies.

The computer repair biz is as simple as knowing the right software to use and how to use it. Marketing your services is done via free online ads. I normally only run an ad for whatever area I’m in, because not all the services I offer can be done remotely. It is possible to only offer services which cann be done remotely, but I actually enjoy customer interaction.

For the ebook biz, I try to pick subjects that will have wide appeal, like “How To” self help ebooks, or ones about making money or saving money. It’s important to me that I feel like whatever I’m selling is worth far more than I’m charging. I’m in the USA, and we have 250+ major metro areas in the country, so I advertise in each of those areas, sending people to a website where they can pay and download the ebook immediately without any interaction from me. Within a month, I will typically sell 1,000+ copies, usually 5+ for each area advertised in. It’s a small return per area, but when you multiply it by 250 areas, it adds up quickly. Once again, I use free online classified ads.

Holler if you need more…

Cheers!

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve". ~ Napoleon Hill

The ebook thing is very appealing to me as its very low maintenance Ive done 4 so far they bare on payloadz and payhip but nothing is happening as of yet

Im prepared to put in the effort to make it work but I feel its just a minefield.

To be honest i would love to do the computer repair thing I love computers and the market for repairs and maintaining/ diagnostic is probably well assured

Im looking around for online courses and again I would be prepared to invest time and money as I know Im preparing for the future

What do you do exactly?

what kind of course would you recommend and where would I find such a course?

thanks

Just purchased this online course its a bargain at £10 (reduced)

i read through it and its perfect for what I think I shall need to set me up Ive got about 3/4 yrs to absorb all this and set up an online business

here’s to the future

Greetings!

There are a few tricks to the ebook business that come to mind that might help you.

I started with multiple ebooks on a subject, and took the best parts out of each, leaving out all the fluff used as filler. Then I created a new ebook with all that relevant information, and gave it a new name. Now there is no competition for MY ebook. If someone wants it, they have to buy it from me, and pay my price. They can’t search for a cheaper price and buy it there.

Your website needs to be a selling machine, and convince the potential customer that it is well worth the selling price. It should also highlight the fact that this is a new ebook and not available elsewhere, and it will only be available for a short time.

The advertising/marketing is also very important and I have used two different strategies, both effectively. For some I’ve ran teaser ads leading them to my website, and others I’ve put in a couple of paragraphs of the benefits of the ebook, and lead them to the website.

If you eliminate the competition, and have good sales copy, you will succeed.

Cheers!

"Knowledge is power, but only action makes it happen." ~ Off_Grid

1 Like

great stuff I never thought of doing that I will look at this approach im guessing pick a topic based on “how too” as this probably catches people’s eye more

At the moment I’m using “Payhip” for the ebooks they are there to download so I will continue to load all future books on that site

marketing haha bloody nightmare that’s the key for everything and its so bloody hard finding someone reliable to do it without getting fleeced!

what do you think about the computer courses? would they be enough to begin to set me up?

thanks

Greetings!

Re: Computer repair, and what I do.

I typically do:

• Software installation, upgrades, and removal.
  • Obsolete software removal & general cleanup.
  • Junk file removal.
  • Compress the hard drive is space is tight.
  • Recover lost files, pictures, etc.
  • Clean up the windows registry.
  • Install and run a variety of anti-virus & anti-malware programs.
  • Optimize the computer to run it’s best, and be the most user friendly.
  • Fix, repair, or locate & install drivers.
  • Find missing .dll files etc.
  • Defrag the computer.

For starters go the CCleaner website, and download CCleaner, Recuva, and Defraggler, and get familiar with them, there are free versions. The download Easycleaner, and learn it, also free.
Pick the free anti-virus & anti-malware programs you like the best, or get the best reviews.
Driver Pack has every driver imaginable, and also free.
I usually just find missing .dll files via google.
I paid for TeamViewer to get access to work on other people’s computers, it’s free for your customers.

There’s a lot of other things I do based on what the customer wants or needs. Maybe xxx game isn’t working properly, or their printer isn’t working etc. For hardware, it’s usually it’s a driver or configuration error. For software, maybe it just needs to be reinstalled, maybe a newer or older version will work better. Hopefully you get the idea…

Cheers!

Greetings!

Re: Computer repair/hardware repair

Hardware repair is a pain where a pill won’t reach. Each computer requires specific parts/components. Without a HUGE inventory, odds are you’re not going to have what’s needed, and you’re going to have to source it which can be a huge pain and require mail order.

With software, if somebody doesn’t pay for whatever reason, you’re only out your time. With hardware, you could have a sizable investment in non-returnable parts, so it’s a much bigger gamble.

I enjoy one on one repairs when the weather is good and they’re local, but if the weather is bad, or they’re on the other side of the country. remote repairs are hard to beat. Hardware repairs aren’t a bad thing to learn though.

Cheers!

Greetings!

Re: Marketing

I did all the marketing myself, running the classified ads, and building the websites for each ebook. That way I had total control over everything. I use PayPal as my payment processor.

Cheers!