Showering when on the road

Greetings!

Happy holidays to you too!

Why are you taking cold showers?

Cheers!

"Tis the season... To make bank selling Christmas Trees!" ~Van_Dweller

heehee. it refreshes the whole body :slight_smile:

sometime its like self-torture though.

Cause itā€™s good for you Why I End Showers With Cold Water - Collaborative Natural Health Partners :slight_smile:

In our build out I we are considering pneumatic pumps and may use it for our shower too. Should help save water over an electric pump.

You could replace a regular shower head with a bidet one that has a trigger or button to only release water when you need it. Pretty much like a garden hose but made to aim more at yourself than flowers.

Greetings!

Yeah, my shower head is a kitchen sink sprayer with a on/off trigger, attached to a hose and a garden weed sprayer tank. I really like it because itā€™s portable and doesnā€™t require any power.

Cheers!

"Happy Holidays!" ~Van_Dweller

Have written a blog on this very subject on our website brownbird . co . uk (sorry canā€™t put full link in as Iā€™m a new user :slight_smile: )
We use a pop up shower which doesnā€™t take long to set up and saves space in the van but mainly wash over the sink with a good old flannel!

Right now all public showers are closed. I have a gym membership. (Which is still charging me by the way). And i dont feel co.fortable using friends showers.

So do a baby wipe shower for quick cleans.
And i boil hot water for a sponge bath. Or if im on a campground i have the 5 gallon solar bag that i attach at the end of my van and use a shower curtain between my doors.

1 Like

You can add a shrader valve to it, and with an air compressor (tire pump) fill it to 30psi or so and have some pressure behind it. You have a very nice setup.

1 Like

@Thomas_Magee Here is a link to the website for Norwex: https://norwex.biz/
Here is a link from Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Norwex-Body-Pack-Coastal-Three/dp/B07B3X5C9X

For cleaning off shoes, sand on your body, muddy dogs, basic shampoo and modified shower, I have used a dog shower like: https://www.amazon.com/Kurgo-Portable-Grooming-Accessories-Supplies/dp/B00TUA98JA/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=dog+shower&qid=1590004651&sr=8-25

@theDangerz :shower: Concern about accumulating moisture is a good reminder!

Greetings!

Thereā€™s actually a similar one which many people prefer:

It has a tube that goes all the way to the bottom of the bottle to improve the flow.

Another option is:

I made my own 3 gallon one starting with a weed sprayer, and added a kitchen sink sprayer to it. For most things inside my van, except my shower, I usually just use trigger spray bottles from the dollar store though. Very handy, and saves a ton of water.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass them on!" ~ Van_Dweller

You can check out Vanly.app it lets you park in someones driveway for a fee. The hosts set the price. But some places even open up their backyard with a hot tub. Also, a good way to get wifi and hookups. The sharing economy is the future.

I have a rechargeable shower head with pump, a water heater drip pan, and the shower curtain hangs on the hooks in my ceiling. I have the black water bag to heat water, or I can boil it. I pour the hot water in the pan and it recirculates. No worse than a bathtub. Works very good!

On instagram I saw these guys called Loopz. They offer a filtration module suitable for van builds. Seems pretty interesting! Anyone else thoughts about this?

I tried looking them up and didnt find them on instagram. I dont know if you can post their ig name?

Yess of course! Itā€™s hamwells.loopz. They are also on Indiegogo.

Iā€™ve been looking up and reading about options.
ā€œRinseKitā€ is one a friendā€™s prepper friends have suggested. I looked it up on the search tab here, and only saw one mention.

Have any of you tried it, and if so what would you say are the benefits vs. drawbacks?

It looks like a $5 bucket with a $30 electric showerhead and $285 markup.

I know, I knowā€¦ the battery is built in the bucket ā€¦so it is even worse when something breaks.

Benefits: it looks nice.

1 Like

My garden sprayer/pump with a kitchen sink spray head works fine. About $25 once I assembled the parts, plus a privacy tent. Two pots of cold water mixed with one pot of boiling water gives me a nice refreshing shower. No batteries required - reach down and give it a few pumps once in a while.

Thatā€™s about what I was thinking. Modifying a garden sprayer since both the powered and the hand pumped RV shower specific things cost more and have plenty of comments about leaks and early failures. I was going to do a sprayer mod, and brother encouraged me to ask about the RinseKit.

I also use the garden sprayer to rinse dishes. Very convenient.