Showering when on the road

do u prepare backup batteries or stuff like that?

1 Like

for shower, how can we have backup hot water? not so important in summer, but probably a must in cold weather

1 Like

Greetings!

If solar hot water isnā€™t available, I just heat water on my campstove. Simple, easy, cheap, and effective.

Cheers!

"Proper planning can save a world of headaches." ~ Van_Dweller

2 Likes

hmmm what abt the rest of the forum?
pls share more on showering habits and styles in your traveling lifestyle!

1 Like

Having a cold shower isnā€™t terrible. Being clean is such a nice feeling. Once I install a shower I will post the details. :+1::ok_hand:

3 Likes

heh heh. ok! heres to some motivation to your installation project! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Thomas, you can check rvingshower on instagram. They have a perfect portable hot water shower for Vanlife and travel. You can shower inside or outside & good use for any van. Setting up in just 2 minutes.

oh dear. i donā€™t really instagram on my phoneā€¦
not even sure if my account is still active after so many years of not logging on

1 Like

Greetings!

Got a link? I donā€™t do instagram, but I tried and couldnā€™t find you.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass it on!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

ditch the heater :wink:
icy cold water refresh you and give you the jolt no coffee can give. heh heh.

lol. looks like no one is a fan of cold water showering :joy:

2 Likes

Greetings!

Definitely not, unless itā€™s terribly hot out.

Cheers!

By pure accident I came across this one today. Or maybe it was in my youtubeā€™s recommended list based on my previous views. Who knowsā€¦ :wink:

This is a good concept especially if water is not ā€œavailableā€ easily and also lets your water supply last longer. There has been worse ways to spend 20 minutes, so take a look.

Greetings!

Recirculating showers have been around forever, ranging from stupidly simple to overly complex. I had one when I first started out over 40 years ago. The origins date back to the gypsy wagons and the wagon trains, maybe earlier. I use under half a gallon of water for my showers anyway, and I get my water for free, so there isnā€™t much advantage for me. But Iā€™m mainly a city dweller, so water is plentiful and easy to find.

Even if the filter works, which I find questionable, without an inline water heater, those showers are going to turn cold quickly. Thatā€™s the reason I quit using mine until I eventually acquired a water heater that worked with it. Today, Iā€™m happier with my weed sprayer shower, and even though I take navy showers, it uses no more water. Iā€™ve never been one to linger in the shower anyway.

Cheers!

hmm recirculating water showers.
sounds more eco friendly!

I am going to be using a combination of things. Firstly, I bought a solar shower bag, which you fill up with water and sit in the sun to heat. I also purchased a cheap pop-up privacy tent for only $20 on Amazon. Truck stops offer pay showers as well. Lastly, to cover all my bases, I purchased a Gym membership at Planet Fitness (black card) for $22 a month. This will allow you 10 showers at each location nationwide. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check it out. Thanks for the reply

oooo solar shower bag.
is it able to store the water to be warm till nightfall?

See David at Gone Boondockingā€™s 2.0 design in ā€˜Hour Shower 2.0 - The Heated Hour Shower!ā€™ published 7 November.
Complex but does have mix-valve controlled shower temperature.
Sorry, I canā€™t provide the link because Iā€™m a ā€œnew memberā€. Search YouTube or look at my Twitter @VanCognition to find.

Merry Xmas everyone!
keep thinking of this thread when I am showering with cold waterā€¦ :joy: