Hi - I'm CJ the Cat Lady

I currently live in the DC area and probably have exactly the kind of job you’d think I would have based on that information. I’m not an outdoorsy person, I’m pretty much terrified of driving large and/or tall vehicles, and I don’t do a great job at taking care of the things in my life.

Despite that, next year, I’m going to sell my house, quit my job, and commit a cardinal sin of vanlife which is to just dive in headfirst. Then I’m going to drive around the country taking photographs of beautiful things before burn or melt.

Oh and my two indoor cats are coming with me.

Nice to meet everyone!

3 Likes

Greetings & Welcome!

An interesting dream, but what will you do for an income? Life isn’t free, & get’s more expensive all the time. Living on savings is never a wise choice, keep that for a backup plan.

Many nomads do day labor, work today, get paid today…

Never gamble more than you can afford to lose…

Cheers!

"A cheap factory camper van or motorhome beats
an expensive project every time." ~ Truth_Matters!

I’m in the NoVA area, if you are trying to become more outdoorsy, Great Falls has some pretty good hiking trails with a variety of difficulties.

Hi CJ! I also am going to dive in next year and with my 2 cats! My name is Katie and I’m from Wisconsin :slight_smile: definitely a scary thing but am so excited for my next chapter in life!

I appreciate your concern. I’m fortunate to have a job that pays pretty well and I’m going to make enough money on the sale of my house that I can afford to be jobless for a while. It won’t last forever, but I need some time to figure out what’s next.

2 Likes