Best places to search vans for sale

Hey everyone! I am not new to the van life community, just new to searching for one in the US. (I’m American, but I previously bought, lived in, and sold the van we had while traveling in Europe) I am now home and looking to buy another one in the US. I have been searching on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist… but 1) I hate only being able to search one city at a time on both of those and 2) It seems there is rarely ever any new ones that aren’t just dealerships posting bogus… so my simple question: WHAT WEBSITES, FORUMS, COMPANYS, PLACES, ETC. ARE YOUR FAVORITE TO BROWSE VANS FOR SALE? We are looking for an empty one to self-convert. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

Kelly
@KellyNicoleTravel

3 Likes

Greetings!

There are several craigslist meta searches available, try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=craigslist+meta+search

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

2 Likes

I have a 1982 VW Vanagon for sale if you’re interested. Happy to send anyone pictures and more details.

Cheers.

1 Like

Greetings!

Air cooled or water cooled?

Where & how much?

Cheers!

Air cooled.

Located in Kansas City, MO.

Asking $19,500

Mechanically sound and very sharp on the inside.

1 Like

Search tempest . com is what I used to search the whole west coast and one set of states in from those three with one search. I finally found my van 2 hrs from home.
Good luck!

Greetings!

That’s got the grill of a water cooled one, what’s up with that?

Cheers!

I found mine on www.cargurus.com It’s mainly for dealerships, but there are some private owner listings too.

It’s easy to search any radius of a zip code, or the entire US to compare prices.

Autotrader.com is another popular site.

Good luck, :+1:

1 Like

Actually we found ours on Craigslist in the city we were in and it had even begun to be converted & it came with Solar Panels! We had been searching for a few months though, so great options may pop up if you’re able to wait it out!

We finally bought one off of eBay actually!! Hooray!!