So to give a better idea of my system…
- Solar Panel Kit | $1369.99
- 6 x 195w Panels
- Combiner Box
- 60a Controller
- 4 x 200ah AGM SLA Batteries | $1,391.96
- Inverter w/ Charger | $598
- Misc Wiring/Cables, Breaker Boxes, Etc | $200-ish
- Something else I’m forgetting… - $?
(None of the below are influencer links)
That’s the panels, haven’t gotten any shots of the electrical otherwise just yet though because that’s what I’m currently working on.
But, I did have also have a “general usage” question. My buddy that is helping me set this all up is a professional electrician, but for buildings, and normally doesn’t work with solar. He’s telling me, that despite all that crap I bought up there, that I might not even be able to run this fridge below without depleting my batteries.
The only things I’m even trying to run are,
- Fridge (120v, 1 amp draw)
- Shower Pump / UV Filter (When in use | 12v Pump / 110v UV)
- A Fan (120v most likely?)
- Charging Various Electronic Things (12v)
I mean… for $150 I could have bought a really good cooler and just filled it with ice once a week… Lol. That’s why I say looking back, I’d rather have just cut solar. :\