Work Trade Opportunity for Long-Term Camping in Northern California (utilities & WIFI included)

Greetings Vanlifers! I manage a beautiful, wooded, 20 acre property in Northern California (about 40 miles north of Napa). The property has grid power and a functional well. I’m looking for productive, skilled, eco-friendly people to help me fix up a 45 year-old manufactured home located on the property. Repairs include installing a new metal roof, minor electrical work, minor plumbing, and replacing the existing carpet & linoleum floors.

Ideally, you would have your own Tiny Home, RV, or Travel Trailer to park on the property. We would do a “work trade” for rent and utilities (wifi included). Work duties would also include some minor camp-site maintenance (restocking firewood & emptying the campground compost toilet). The manufactured home is infrequently occupied by me and my friends. If needed, you could have access to the vegetable garden, kitchen, hot shower, washing machine (no dryer), and toilet when we’re not there.

The manufactured home is situated close to a dirt road, on a 3 acre, fenced lot that has been cleared of shrubs (for wildfire safety). For access to utilities, your Tiny Home, RV, or Travel Trailer would need to be located close to the manufactured home. The remaining part of the property is densely forested with a large meadow, a large man-made pond (with fish), wild manzanita groves, old-growth Oaks and mature Pine trees. This area is frequently booked by campers on Hipcamp.

The nearest attractions include Wild Diamonds winery. Six Sigma Ranch and Winery, and Harbin Hot Springs. The nearest towns are Middletown (9 miles away) and Clearlake (11 miles away).

Prospective long-term tenants will need to provide contact information from previous landlords, previous employers, and will be subject to a criminal background check.

-Sean