I have a 2006 Freightliner Sprinter 3500 and starting to build it out this year. I am looking for a single din head unit with apple car play, GPS, and a backup camera. I’d love to know who loves what they have and any advice you have for a newbie jumping in. What do I need to know? I’ve checked out crutchfield and they recommended the Boss BE9ACP-C package. Just want something that works and isn’t glitchy.
Hi there, I installed a rearview mirror camera in my van and it works great. AKASO DL12.
Screen fit over my mirror and has a front facing camera along with hard wired rear camera. It has GPS, time, date, brightness level, easy toggle between front and back or both split screen. I installed a robust flash card that records both front and back simultaneously and records anyone walking nearby when parked.
Well worth the money.
Thank you! I’ll look into it
I just watched a video on it, very cool! If I had a head unit that came with a back up camera, I guess it would be moot to use both?
I think I’m going to try one of the wireless units. Watched a few videos and kind of like the idea
I recently bought a backup camera system on Amazon for my Dodge Caravan and I used it for the last 3 weeks and so far I think I made a great choice. I mounted it inside the vehicle (to protect the camera) and it looks out the rear window just fine. I did have to cover the night IR LED’s because they would glare if I didn’t. But the camera picks up my back up lights and ambient light so well that I have never had any problem seeing behind me at night at all, even in very dark places.
It works great day or night. I can see behind me within the field of vision very clearly. I was going to go with a wired system but this one seems to work well. There is a 3 second delay once I put the vehicle in reverse until the image shows on the screen so I have to hesitate just a bit before backing.
One big reason I bought this one is the huge 7" high res screen. Love it.
I was a bit skeptical about going wireless but didn’t really want to (or have the time to) do all the wire routing for a wired system. This took me about 30 minutes to install in my 2006 Dodge Caravan.
I am not affiliated with nor do I receive any consideration for this post from the vendor.
It’s wireless. It was $139.95
Here’s the feature summary copied off Amazon
- ►Upgraded wireless backup camera for RV – With unique dual antenna design and the latest digital signal chip, DoHonest wireless trailer camera can send HD 1080P videos to the display via the stronger signal. The signal can reach 500ft in open area and 240ft in vehicles. You don’t worry signal interference and delay issues.
- ►Four way video inputs: – Wireless backup camera for truck has split screen ability with 4 way video Input CH1/CH2/CH3/CH4–,You can watch single image or split screen for dual view or quad view.
- ►Quick & simple setup –The transmitter is built into DoHonest backup camera with monitor.Just hook up the antennas and power them up, They will transport video signal automatically. With the latest sealing tech, the wireless rv backup camera with monitor is IP69 waterproof, also can withstand extreme temperatures from -4℉~149℉. No more lens water or fog problems.
- ►Super night vision – Outdated trailer backup camera wireless display video and images vaguely for they are just black and white combined while our upgrade wireless camper backup camera would be a major breakthrough, giving you an extraordinary visual experience with colorful images. You can still watch 60 feet vision even in a dark environment.
- ►Two years warranty – The reverse camera is compatible with RV/Pickup/Truck/Bus/Van/Trailer/Camper/5th wheel/Motorhome. Also, we provide extra adapter and pigtail cable for Furrion system via promotion. and we guarantee you will love our truck backup camera wireless system, that’s beacuse our product support 24-Hour Online Customer Service, 30-day money-back guarantee, 24-month replacement warranty, and lifetime support.
Not actually. The AKASO is on all the time and the back up camera is only on when in reverse. First one works just like a rearview mirror without the rear window or lack of one getting in the way. I also keep it in record mode which could be handy in an accident.