Which car for the Panamericana Route?

Hi Van-lifers ! :smiley: My Name is Vivienne, I am 24 years old and live in Switzerland. My boyfriend and I want to build a van by the end of this year and I am starting to do some research of which car to buy. We want to build a van for our 6 month Panamericana route- yeah! Now my questions:

Which car would you recommend for the Panamericana Route:

• Mercedes Sprinter
  • Peugeot Boxer
  • Ford Transit
  • Citroen Jumper
  • Fiat Ducato
  • Renault Master

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Greetings & Welcome!

I would just recommend gas instead of diesel, because the quality of diesel varies widely down there.

Cheers!

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." ~ Murphy

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the tip! :smiley:

Vaudemars, It might be helpful to know which manufacturers have a presence in the countries you plan on driving through. If you need repairs or parts and folks in Panama think a Citroen Jumper is an individual with a weird fetish it wouldn’t be helpful. Ford and Mercedes probably have a greater presence in this hemisphere. Good luck.

1 Like

Very helpful tip, thank you very much!

Toyota, because they can be fixed everywhere in the world and are probably more reliable than anything else on your list. Small and simple is also better - you’ll spend more time experiencing the landscape, people, and cultures, and less time fretting about the van.

1 Like

Okay, thanks! I think we need a L3H3 if we want to stand in the car. I will do some research if Toyota has something in this range l :slight_smile: