Weekend DJ, avid geek, major dreamer, filmmaker :)

Hey everyone! I’m Lucas from the mitten state (aka Michigan). I’m a freelance filmmaker and I’m absolutely a newbie to this sort of a community. That being said, I’m in the planning phase of my own conversion van and I’m so stoked for what’s to come! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and discovering a whole new world of possibilities. Definitely didn’t mean for that last line to sound like a Disney quote…

4 Likes

How far in th planning phase are you?

1 Like

Early. I’m still trying to figure out where everything is going to go and ultimately “killing my darlings”. It’s been about a year that I’ve been interested in the van life and two months of conceptualizing the layout.

1 Like

What van do you have? and are you planning on living in it full time?

1 Like

Hi Henry!

I’ve got an extended Ford E-250 and yes the plan is to live in it full time!

1 Like

Welcome, To the group. Only thing I can say about your build is make it yours. It’s your home so set it up best for your needs. All the other how too things is where this place shines. You will get several different comments and use one or a few to accomplish the task. And your expertise in the area’s you Know will be a help.

2 Likes

Greetings!

I find that if I do a floorplan with accurate measurements for everything, it really helps me to visualize what the final build will look like and how well everything will fit, including me!

Cheers!

2 Likes