Vehicle Insurance

For those with vans, what are the choices when it comes to how you can insure the vehicle and your belongings?

I’ve heard that you can insure a van as an RV, which is cheaper, as long as it meets RV requirements (shore power hook-ups, etc.,) Has anyone done, or considered, this?

Currently, I don’t have a vehicle of any kind so I haven’t had to have any insurance in awhile. I’m not overly concerned about insuring my belongings since I live pretty minimally. But, if I were in an accident, I would like to have the right coverage to replace the van.

1 Like

Greetings!

My van isn’t registered as an RV, just a van, and I just have liability insurance. My real insurance is an emergency fund large enough to replace everything and to live on until I can get back on my feet.

To make a long story shorter, I just simply don’t trust the insurance companies to do the right thing, any of them.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

2 Likes

I love that you challenge my traditional thinking. And I love that you do van life your way, on your terms. Inspiring!

I’ll definitely be examining every option available to me. It makes me wonder what other forms of thinking (about van life) have I kept in the box?