Using the renogy DC-DC battery charger

![image|666x500]

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about the switches on the renogy DC-DC battery charger? I have found a lot of advice on the internet about charging lithium batteries specifically, but I am using it to charge an AGM 200 ah renogy battery. This part of the instruction manual is infamously confusing. I have currently: S1 and S2 off, for a 14.7 vswitchover voltage, S3 and S4 on, for 13.8 v float voltage, and S5 on for charging a lead acid battery (this is the only one I am very confident about). Mainly I do not see anything about “absorption charge” or “switchover voltage/constant voltage” on my battery’s spec sheet. Does anyone have insight/experience with using this dc-dc charger to charge an agm lead-acid house battery?

Greetings & Welcome!

14.4 & 13.8 sound right to me…

Cheers!

"Fuel powered everything for the win, preferably hydrogen." ~ JustTheFacts

I agree that 14.4 and 13.8 are correct. I can validate this is what I have my solar controller pushing. It’s also Renogy and the settings I use are the lead acid settings with the equalization charge turned off. These re 14.4 and 13.8.

Hello guys,

I was looking for a powerful car charger so I can use it in my van as a power source to charger my portable power station. I found MANINAM 101W High Power Super Fast USB C Car Charger Adapter. Do you think it will be a right fit? Do you think I can charge my power station with the USB C port and this MANINAM usb c car charger?

Greetings & Welcome!

You didn’t specify your power station or it’s specs…

My first thought is that 101 watts @ 12v = ~8.5 amps. I would never classify that as a fast charger. That being said, if that’s all your power station will accept, then it will work.

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart