Trippin to portugal!

Goodday everyone!! I am currently travelling from Belgium to Portugal, with necessary stops along the way, in my VW t3 westfalia. I was wondering if other people are currently travelling southwest france, Northern and Southern Spain and Portugal? And if those people would like to meet up to enjoy the good life! Or hit me up with those “must see” spots!

Cheers everyone!

Gauthier aka Goat.

2 Likes

Haven’t been to Portugal but heard about this place called Albufeira.

You should deinfately check it out

I am staying on the south coast of spain… Been here for a couple months now. There is an amazing river and rock pool you can park near in a place called benahavis… 10 mins from marbella.

2 Likes

Hey mate !!

So as we spoke before you should start with Normandie and visit ‘Berck’ there is a truck at the beach who makes the best ‘ mittrailets’ sandwiches in the freakin’ world !

After this you can go check Mont-Saint-michel and get a fresh walk in Heulgoat.

As you’re a surfer you can go further to Biarritz but probably that’s nothing new to you !

Afterwards San sebastian is a cool spot ( you can wildcamp on the beach there ) but further down the road i’ve never been

For us … we do visit ‘Urbex’ sites down the road.
Old deserted castles, mansions & villas

If you’re intrested, you know where to find me mate !

Have a great one

Oh yeah, and don’t visit albufeira
It’s fucked up :sweat_smile: ( or go to the non touristic side )
Because the other side is like … uh Lloret de mar of San antoni side ibiza … ughhh

2 Likes

Hey,

Every summer i life at the Coast in France, near Bordeaux. I can give you some good places to be while traveling through the Region Gironde.

You really should visite Bordeaux one day! It’s a beautiful city with a plenty of small vine bars. Do not miss to go in the Vine Museum!!
The next "must-see-thing’ is the huge sand Dune in Arcachon! It seems so unreal when you stand on the top of this monster!

So this summer i’m near Bordeaux until the 25th of August, after that i’ll travel the Coast to Bilbao with my Van. So if you wann meet up for a beer or two, just let me know where you are!

Greetings
Pauly

2 Likes

Hey I am also from Belgium staying in a mobilhome. And right now we are in Porto. There is an awsome free camper place with great view at the city of Porto. “Cais do cavaco”. We have already stayed in Angouleme… the city of the comic art and in Moliets-et-maa. Where you can surf. We have been to Pamplona… a beautiful old city on a hill. And we have stayed in Burgos where you can visit the most beautiful cathedral. Now we are going to visit Porto. But we dont know what to expect.

2 Likes

I’m from Porto, North Portugal and this could be a nice start to you. You have many free places to spend the night with beautiful views, a great city to visit and enjoy. You also have good beaches all around just need to choose if you want to go to a busy city beach or a quite natural beach, between Matosinhos and Gaia!

If you start to go down the coast you should stop by aveiro, the Portuguese venice, and have some ovos moles, a traditional pastry really nice, also the beaches are really nice around there and many places to camp around.

After these you can make a stop in figueira da foz, another beach place quite and beautiful.

A little bit more down and you have Nazare, the biggest wave in the world and a great fisherman’s village to walk by and camp. About 60km after you have peniche that is also a fisherman’s place and the Portuguese waves capital!

A few km after you can find ericeira the unique world surf Reserve in Europe and after you have Lisboa, the Portuguese capital that is a must visit too. In the meanwhile you have mafra with beautiful landscapes and castles.

After lisboa you have sesimbra and Sierra da arrabida, also a must check and if you live the ocean and mountain these will be a perfect spot.

Still going down and you can visit troia (ok, this is a fancy spot) nothing to see but nice beaches and views to Sierra da arrabida.

After troia you can begin the tour threw the vicentina coast, for me the best place in portugal to vanlifing! Each small village as great beaches, parking spots, camping spots and crystal clear Atlantic water! Make several stops along the way and I am pretty sure that you will be amazed in here. My favourite place there till now is monte clerigo, quite and nice!

After this coast you will begin the Algarve coast, this is touristic but there’s still many places to visit like sagres, portimao, faro, tavira or closer to spain vila real de Santo antonio.

Hope this would help you. If you have any question feel free to be back to me!

Cheers mate and enjoy the road!

4 Likes

I drove straight to hossegor bro haha :stuck_out_tongue: am here in the area at the moment but I think I will leave tomorrow to go to saint sebastian and follow the north coast of spain to Portugal!

1 Like

Awesome man thank you very much! So many places that I would miss out if this forum didn’t exist!

2 Likes

I drove past Bordeaux yesterday ! I am in Capbreton at the moment! Would love to have a drink or two!

If you need more tips while in portugal let me know! Also if you stop by porto we can have a drink together! Cheers

1 Like

I’m just writing down everything you just said :stuck_out_tongue: I will check out the map and see what more places I would like to do, I also heard Sintra is a very nice place

Ok so I arrived in Portugal a few days ago, spent some time in Afife which I absolutely enjoyed… so calm and nice people parked up to spend the night with, yesterday I went to Porto. Lovely city but way too busy for me. Sorry to not contact you I only just remembered you said that on here :stuck_out_tongue: at the moment I am in Aveiro, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Such a nice vibe and even nicer people. 5 minutes after arriving and assembling my BMX to go for a cruise, I met an awesome guy who I had a nice chat with, then 15 schoolkids passed by who were giving out free hugs and play lovely music, yes I think this is very important in life, and now I am having a lovely meal and local beer in that same guys bar :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for this advice already!

1 Like

Not sure if you are still in Portugal but I just got back from Portugal and have some suggestions for you:

I highly recommend Peniche and Baleal. Plenty of places to park your van. From there you can take a boat ride to a small island called the Berlengas which is a nature reserve.

If you are in Liston check out Cascais and Sintra. About 30 minutes outside of Lisbon.

In the Algarve check out Lagos and go kayaking through the caves.

Hope you love Portugal as much as us!

3 Likes

Currently in Alicante! But I also stopped by peniche and baleal. I found a very nice secluded spot in Lourinha and I spent about 2 months around Sintra-Cascais. It was amazing. Lagos I didn’t really like… so busy and filled with young people who just wanna get smashed… I enjoyed Sagres much more… after Alicante I will make my way back and go through Portugal again while it’s big wave season :stuck_out_tongue: