Travel Communities?

Hello everyone, my name is Rydel and I am currently researching/preparing for my journey into Vanlife!

Like everyone else looking to join this lifestyle for the first time, I am doing a ton of research. I’ve found a ton of great resources, blogs, and more. But one thing I haven’t found and would be very interested in is a “travel group” kind of situation. Something like a few Vanlifers meeting up and following a travel itinerary together for X amount of time, or even long term groups that travel together I guess.

I’m interested in Boondocking, going out to National Forests and BLM lands to enjoy the outdoors. Traveling between those areas with a 3-6 month “rotational” plan is ideally my goal right now. However, I am traveling alone and the security/safety concerns are my biggest issue at the moment. I

Everything from “2 legged pests”, as I saw Van_Dweller mention in another post, to animal attacks or injuries sustained while hiking, possibly even vehicle or equipment issues. It seems like traveling in a group could be beneficial, especially since 2 is 1, and 1 is none. Security concerns aside, some community can also be nice at times.

But that is the only thing I haven’t been able to find. Does anyone know of such groups, or mediums for finding groups like that?

(I’m in the US, a detail I just realized is worth mentioning, haha.)

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Large groups of travelers congregate at Slab City & around Quartzsite AZ during the winter. Those and other get togethers throughout the year might be a good place to start. I always enjoy sitting around a campfire and swapping stories, and sometimes somebody else’s cooking can be a real treat too.

If I come across any schedules of get togethers, I always try to post them here.

Looking forward to hearing more about your progress, and the process.

Cheers!

"Proper Planning is preferable to premature failure" ~ DreamLife

Hello,

Thank you for your response, those do indeed sound like great places to start! I’ll be sure to look those up, Slab City I actually saw some sort of documentary on once so that would be a killer place to visit!

I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for any schedules you might post!

Thanks again for the response!

Greetings!

Just found a link to 2020 events, here you go:

Cheers!

Awesome!

That is exactly what I was trying to find, thank you so much!

1 Like

Greetings!

Thanks! Sometimes my google luck even amazes me… :wink:

Cheers!