TrampAnotherMile: Hi!😊

Hi everybody!:v:t3::smile: We’re Ana & Marc and drove out Amsterdam 8 months ago in our self-built Ford Transit which we called TrampAnotherMile :minibus: :heart_eyes:. We love :woman_in_lotus_position:t4:, :surfing_man:, Stand Up Paddling, healthy food :avocado::banana::strawberry:, exploring new lands :face_with_monocle: and making music :guitar:! Next to traveling we try to clean up the beaches we visit and leave them cleaner then we found them :call_me_hand:t4: :fist:t4: :muscle:t4:. Nice to meet you all :kissing_heart:!

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

So nice to see others who like to leave places cleaner than they find them.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

I try to do the same. Plastic is everywhere!

1 Like

Greetings!

A cargo van with a couple of self entitled slobs was pulling out of a campground next to me leaving the site full of trash. I stopped them and told them to clean up after themselves… Their reply was that people got paid to do that, so people like them were providing jobs for those people. I replied that no… it was unpaid volunteers who had to do that, and their reply was β€œWell then we’re providing them a free warm and fuzzy feeling for their efforts.” and they drove off.

What a bunch of self entitled jerks, and their numbers are growing, big time.

In the USA the same thing is happening in the cities, people living in cargo vans pooping & peeing in peoples yards and leaving tons of trash and needles behind when they leave. They don’t work, they live on public assistance, and steal to support their drug habits. They give all the good people a bad reputation. The whole bunch of them belong in jail and forced to work 18 hours a day on a chain gang, contributing back to the society they have been stealing from for so long.

They need to quit calling it a homeless problem and recognize that it’s a drug and alcohol problem, and deal with it appropriately. They need to quit decriminalizing drugs and possession of them, and put some teeth in the laws along with serious consequences. Doing that would cut the homeless rate and the crime rate by at least 90%. Then we could offer good honest help for the remainder of the homeless population.

Maybe it’s different in other parts of the world, but drug and alcohol abuse, combined with deadbeats who want to live off the system without contributing to it, are going to be the downfall of society as we know it. Our incompetent politicians need to quit being β€œcompassionate” and need to address the problem head on and start playing hard ball. Toss out all the anti-homeless laws and strengthen and enforce the drug laws and slam the revolving jailhouse doors shut on the violators. If that means we need more jails, then so be it. If you’re caught buying, selling, using, or in possession of drugs or paraphernalia, boom, 5 years for the first offense, 10 years for each additional offense. No plea bargains, and put the prisoners to work restoring the society they have been destroying. Turn the prisons and prisoners into self supporting money making enterprizes, and teach the prisoners a trade so they can support themselves once they get out.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

Yeah man, it’s unbelievable. Got to see, we are in Greece now and luckily it looks, so far, better then Italy. Keeping our hopes up! :smile:

amen hardcore but so what prison here in the uk is a holiday camp for the institutionalised re offenders

1 Like