Toyota Sequoia or Sienna?

Hi everyone,

I’m seeking some advice on 2 possible campers. I’m leaning towards the Sequoia because the engine is cast iron and the amount of room once I pull the seats or, but the gas mileage isn’t so good.

The Sienna has better gas mileage but has lower ground clearance. I was recently in a wreck that totaled my Mazda CX-5. It was great living in the CX-5, but it had payments, which detered me from doing a full build by removing the seats. I liked the higher ground clearance of the CX-5. I felt more secure and people watching was always fun.

I’ve looked into Honda as well, but the automatics from Honda are weaker and can sometimes have issues. Toyota makes far better automatic transmissions.

I’m living in a roommate scenario in Chicago that i don’t enjoy. I loved the solitude of van life.

Greetings!

I would probably choose the Sienna… :wink:

Cheers!

"If knowledge is a power, then learning is a superpower." ~ Jim Kwik

Why the Sienna? The gas mileage? I’m looking at a second generation Sienna or Sequoia.

Greetings!

Not just the gas mileage…

Without doing a lot of research, I’m guessing that the interior height of the Sienna would be better, the floor might be flatter, etc.

In rigs I have seen in person, minivans seem to have more useable space than SUV’s.

Cheers!

"If knowledge is a power, then learning is a superpower." ~ Jim Kwik