Thoughts on vehicle length?

I assumed i’d go with EL, but then i heard a lot of roads in Parks, etc. may be restricted to < 20 ft. So now I’m thinking of squeezing into an L instead which for Fords and Dodges comes in just under 20 ft. It would be easier in urban areas too. Thoughts? Have people encountered these size restrictions on roads? Thx.

Greetings!

Marked street parking, and parking lots were my only problems due to length, most parks that allow camping are set up to accommodate large motorhomes. Ones that aren’t will usually post height/width/length/weight restrictions at the entrance.

It’s not unusual for bigger rigs to take up multiple parking spaces in the outskirts of parking lots.

Cheers!

"Everybody has excuses, but the wise have jobs & money." ~ Money Matters

My concern is with roads through beautiful landscapes that may be unavailable to me if my van is > 20 feet. I want to go off the beaten path and boondock in beautiful out of the way places. Have folks encountered driving restrictions for > 20 feet vehicles?

Greetings!

It 's generally more height/width/weight restrictions instead of length. And possibly ground clearance too.

Cheers!

"Everybody has excuses, but the wise have jobs & money." ~ Money Matters