Strong wood glue recommendations please!

HI all

Can someone please advise me on the best glue for woodworking cabinetry etc . . . i need to augment dowlings and screws

hey thanks

Greetings!

Don’t know, but I’ve had great luck at hardware stores like ACE, by going in and asking what’s best for my projects. Unlike the big box stores, their people seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller

Wood glue, Titebond is my favorite but any wood glue will work.

Life long wood aficionado here.

Strongest most shock resistant wood glue is epoxy, however, it’s a pain in the butt to use. Next best is TiteBond. It’s easy to use but difficult to repair if the bond snaps which it can under shock loads.

The trick is to heat up the broken joint until the old glue becomes pliable again :wink: Do not attempt to fix a broken bond with any other type of glue but TiteBond. Just heat it up and inject a little more. Be sure and heat it till the old glue is semi liquid again.

Hi

Hey, thanks I’ve been looking all around the www and youtube and Titebond seems to be the stuff that most are using.

I’m in the stage now of gathering tools for my build and starting to actually make some of the things I need like a toilet, seats and my galley unit.

Im no carpenter but I can turn my hand to most things, I’m expecting my Jigsaw to arrive today I already have a drill (both are cordless) Im spending lots of time on youtube looking at woodworking techniques as my build will involve lots of wood.

What types of wood do people use in van builds? Im guessing plywood but what thickness should I aim for, and the thing I’m most concerned about is the dreaded weight issues, so any help I can get in that regard would be very much appreciated

stay safe

Greetings!

Start a new thread about build materials and techniques, and I’ll be happy to contribute. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller