Straight lines in a curved surface (construction)

I’ll figure it out, but right now I feel like I’m flailing.

What’s your best way to manage those awkward curves and curved corners when setting up for building in cabinetry? I’ve been looking on line and via YT, but I have yet to find any actual suggestions.

Thanks for any tips!

(Savana 2500 cargo van.)

1 Like

Greetings!

Search for “contour cutting” & “tick stick method” on Youtube.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

"I start saving money with the vehicle purchase,
and pay practically nothing to convert it." ~ Road Warrior

Not sure how bad your curves are but we just decided to not worry a ton on the floor cabinets. After packing everything in there and adding a bed you can’t see the back of them anyway and there isn’t enough of a gap to worry about.

For the top though, at least for me it was cut, cut, cut again with cardboard until we got it as close as possible to use as a stencil. Close enough is good enough for me.

Greetings!

This is what I do these days too. Just move things in, and the space behind thanks to the curves is just an extra cubby. My top cabinets are supported by my bottom ones, and just secured it at the top to prevent tipping. The ends are a straight cut on the wall side, but the bottom shelf extends to the wall. In that cubby I keep my garbage bags, paper plates, & more.

With the bottom cabinet behind the driver, the space between it and the wall stores my walking sticks, a machete, and an aluminum baseball bat, all easily accessible from the drivers seat. The gap at the other end holds my hand broom, dustpan, & cleaning supplies.

In the end, it’s not wasted space at all, and really quite handy & convenient.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

"I start saving money with the vehicle purchase,
and pay practically nothing to convert it." ~ Road Warrior

It’s all straight lines - just a lot of them (polygon). LOL