Still Looking For Fridge

I am looking for something small. I hate the ice coolers because the husband and kids always somehow leave the baggies and tupperware open just enough to let in the dirty ice water and I get sick. No fun on a short trip or vacay. The space I have available is 15in high, 22 in wide and 14 in front to back (depth). This is the last gadget I need for my homemade tiny travel trailer. I just haven’t found anything that suits my needs. I am only using it for lunch meat, milk, creamer, mayo, cheese and a few eggs. I need it to open from the top. Looking at my set up, it can be powered by a standard wall plug, usb or 12 volts (cigarette lighter plug).

Greetings!

If you put your ice in a sealed container, you never have to worry about wet food. A couple of 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water and frozen will last a week. The dollar stores have containers in all sizes that you can fill with water and freeze. Unlike food containers or packaging, the ice containers never need to get opened.

Those are tiny ice chest dimensions, too small for anything powered except thermoelectric units, which you don’t want. I’d stick with your ice chest and solve your problem the same way everybody else does by keeping your ice in containers.

Cheers!

"Free camping is rarely free, you'll pay for it dearly in extra gas,
vehicle repairs, and tire replacements." ~ LonelyHearts

There are probably some options out there. I have heard decent things about a few of their fridges. A little pricy, but you’re looking for something fairly specific.

Or there are these. Dometic Outdoor USA - Compact solutions for Outdoor living | Dometic.com.

We are actually looking to switch to something that opens from the front. Sure the top load doesn’t lose as much when you open them, but they become disorganized quickly from having to stack everything.

I’ve tried the ice containers and they cracked. I made sure I didn’t fill them too much. Some of the containers opened. I tried just a big block of ice, it was suggested in another forum, and that melted in a matter of hours. My husband and kids always leave the packages and containers to the food partially open. I don’t want to get sick again. I’ll keep the cooler around for the beer, but not anything else. Just a few basics listed above.
I LOVE those fridges on the site! I wish the prices were lower! Hmmmm…

I think I may have found one! Its called a Cho 9 qt. Also goes by Mossimo. Has anyone here ever had one or know of one? I am glad this one is a bit smaller than the space I have for it. It has room to vent.

Greetings!

One of the reviews says it barely holds a 6 pack, will that be enough?

Cheers!

"Free camping is rarely free, you'll pay for it dearly in extra gas,
vehicle repairs, and tire replacements." ~ LonelyHearts

This was recommended in facebook (Self Build Campervans | Facebook) by few UK campers:
Amazon.com

I have no personal experience on that brand (but it looks like generic china clone, just like the 40L one I have in my living room right now).

I like my Alpicool C20 Portable Refrigerator. That’s actually really cool, portable and works without any issues.
bij.PNG

1 Like

How’s your Alpicool holding up? Would you still recommend it?

I haven’t used it long term. Only tested it out while plugged it in the house and on my small solar unit. It cooled down very quickly plugged into the wall. Kept temp and the app worked as well. My small solar unit didn’t keep the temp stable. When I use it long-term and get a better solar unit I can update.

1 Like