Starting from zero

Hi. I’m Eric, and I’ve dreamed of van life as long as I can remember, even as far back as high school. I’ve planned and read and dreamed and prayed, watched a thousand videos, but never took the first step. But God has a way of kicking you into action when it’s time, and I got a good swift boot to the head.

My kids are grown, I’ve got a remote job that I can do with my mobile hotspot and I find myself in a bit of a housing crisis. It seems like the perfect time to do what I’ve always dreamed of doing. I bought what I could afford, so I’m starting this adventure with a 2007 Honda Odyssey minivan. I’m starting off with an extremely limited budget, so it’s almost a no-build camper at this point, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?

So I’m here to ask questions and learn as much as I can as I start a new chapter in my life.

God bless us, each and every one.

Hi Eric,
Welcome! Your build does not need to cost thousands of dollars nor does it need to be “one and done”.
Use your imagination, improvise, and do not feel you need to keep pace with the “Instagram builds”.
Nanci

2 Likes