Showing off our completed Van - ask me anything!

Fantastic! Crisp and clean! What are the weight capacity on those slides? Do you have an awning or cover you put up when cooking outside in the weather or do you generally just cook inside when it’s rainy?

1 Like

Thank you! We have a leg to put under it too which helps a lot, The slides are rated for 100kg when extended I think! We do have an awning that covers it too, but can cook inside also. So many options! Haha

2 Likes

Fantastic :slight_smile: sounds brilliant. Love love love the design.

2 Likes

That is such a homey and clever van. That slide out kitchen is :ok_hand:

This is amaaaazing !! Just wow, well done :slight_smile: cya on the road in Aus

Now I know where to get those extra long silders. Perfect for bicycle under fixed raised bed.

Gosh! For as many van builds as I’ve seen in the last eight months since I first learned about van life, I’ve never seen a pullout kitchen to this extent! Golly, that’s something! Well done, Harry!

I definitely want something similar because one of my main concerns about van life (goal date: Sept '19) is cooking odors getting trapped in the van. I’d like to have fabric on the walls for a more comfortable look, but it’s just not an option because of odors.

Greetings!

I have a window van with many opening windows. When I’m cooking, I place a fan in front of a nearby open window, blowing out. Using this procedure, I don’t get any lingering cooking smells, and it allows me to cook inside during bad weather.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass them on!" ~ Van_Dweller

Can you explain or provide photos of how your kitchen slides are mounted to the floor.