Should I buy this van?

hello everyone! My name is Magi and I am looking to purchase an older van to do a renovation on and travel the US of A!! I turned our 13’ x 10’ shed into a beautiful tiny house this past year and my son is living there. I’ve got the bug to do a van build. I can only spend a few thousand dollars and was wondering your opinions about a 2000 Dodge 1500 high top van with a wheelchair lift? It has 100,000 miles, one owner, body
in good shape. I haven’t taken It to my mechanic yet, but was wondering if anyone here has experience with this van? Thanks in advance!

Greetings & Welcome!

What you want is called a “Pre-Purchase Inspection”.

Ask the mechanic about the reliability of both the engine and transmission it has, as well as any problems that need to be fixed right away, or in the future. Have him check all the fluids, the radiator, the front end, the rear end, and for rust along with everything else.

Tell the mechanic that reliability is important to you, and if he gives the thumbs up and the price is right, I’d say go for it.

If it needs repairs, he should give you an estimate. Then you’ll have a negotiating point on the price, and can then decide if it’s worth it for you.

Good luck, best wishes, and keep us posted!

"Many opening windows for the view, the ventilation, and the win." ~ Happy Camper