Should I buy and convert a Van?

Hi, I’m 18 and I’m from Italy. Recently I’ve been watching a lot of videos about Van conversion and Van Life, and the idea of create a place in which I can live and travel with my girlfriend or friends really excites me.
I’m writing this post because although is something I’d love to do, I’m asking myself if it is really worth it to do something like that in this period of my life and if me and my girlfriend (obviously if she wants to undertake this adventure me) would really have the money and time to enjoy it because of the study and the any work (I’ve been working in graphic design world for 3 years until the end of 2021 and I can always restart it). I’d just like to hear some thoughts by someone who had already undertaken this adventure and any kind of suggestions. Thanks in advance, Alessandro

It’s probably not what you think it is. I would try temporarily traveling and living in a van for a few weeks at a time for a summer if you’ve never experienced it before a full commitment to the life style. It can be a somewhat complicated and over glorified life for many. It’s not for everyone and usually not the IG #vanlife people perceive.

1 Like