Saving money with Cargo trailer conversion

Hey Y’all, been dreaming about van life for along time but it’s pretty expensive. So we bought a 5x10 cargo trailer and built it all out!

I built a guide that I sell on our site (shameless plug) but let me know what questions you have! I tried to engineer everything to be reliable but as inexpensive as possible and literally all of the systems translate to vans as well. Want to help where I can!

1 Like

Would love to see a picture of your trailer!

2 Likes

Looks really nice in there! I can only see one window from the angle of the photo - what do you do for ventilation? Have you traveled in it? Tell us more! :grinning:

I started on a project like that a few years ago. I bought a new 7×14 ft cargo trailer and start a cargo trailer conversion diy. I choose to use a lithium battery - a relatively inexpensive choice. For the toilet, I think a compost toilet might be a better option.

Take notice that the goods required to finish the cargo trailer conversion vary from person to person. Prioritize the necessities, such as insulation, electricity, toilet, and living spaces.