Safety First Please

For those of you who go solo, how do you keep yourselves safe? How do you keep from giving it away that you are sleeping or living in your vehicle? When you are looking for a place to rest for the night, what do you look for?
Teach me safety!

Greetings!

Most of my safety revolves around not hiding. I want everybody to know someone is in the van. Thieves don’t want a confrontation. I also always keep all my doors locked, and I have a machete in a sheath mounted to my side door in case anybody is watching me.

I have spray bottles for everyday use, soapy water, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, etc. A spray of any of them into the face of an attacker will stop them in their tracks by temporarily blinding them and hurting like crazy.

I’m mostly a city camper, and stay in the same place on the street for however long I’m going to be in the area. I make a point of getting to know my housed neighbors, and we look out for each other.

Many area’s have a 72 hour parking limit without moving, so every 3rd day, I make a point of doing errands to stay legal.

Cheers!

"Accountability, responsibility, sustainability,
& creative solutions for the win." ~ Old_Soul

Greetings!

For places to park, I look for vacant lots, churches, or large apartment complexes, all with on street parking near them. Never in parking lots without explicit permission in writing.

Cheers!

"Accountability, responsibility, sustainability,
& creative solutions for the win." ~ Old_Soul