Rock climbing van πŸ§—πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Hello! My boyfriend Bryan and I have finally received our van after ordering it 9months ago. Ford Transit High Roof Extended 2021. We are building our van for rock climbing trips. Our apartment has been full of supplies like insulation, windows, maxxair fan, Bugwall and on Saturday we can finally put most of it in our van. Plans to slowly build out our van throughout the next year or so. But make it livable by Sept 23 for our first trip to Flagstaff Arizona for some bouldering!

We had a super cute white 1983 VW Vanagon that brought us so much joy… and unreliability. We are so excited to start up van life again!

Looking for forward to this forum and all the content.

-Chelsea, Bryan, Yoko (our chow chow)

1 Like

Nothing wrong with putting your things in it and hitting the road now. That is basically what we did and we got ours built out slowly as well. DIY is never done and we are still doing things now like upgrading our heater to a webasto as we found a great deal on one. No more hunting for fuel :slight_smile:

There are so many good crags out west and some where you can belay right from you van. Might as well do some canyoneering while you are in the area. If you like climbing, you’ll love canyoneering. I always found rappelling much more rewarding and fun.

Good luck on the build!

How does a rock climbing van differ from a regular van? Does it have climbing holds bolted to the outside? LOL :wink:

This is funny, because I have actually seen a van with holds bolted all over the outside :rofl:

Actually not a bad alternative to a ladder for roof access.

1 Like

One climber says to the other: β€œWhy are you putting your climbing shoes and chalk bag on?”

β€œI have to get on top of the van to clean the solar panel.”

1 Like

All the power to you both!!
I spent 8 months living and climbing from a 94 ford extended van, and I wouldn’t trade those experiences for anything <3 If you get the chance to add a roof deck…its the best belay spot at those roadside crags!
Good luck with the build! Don’t forget to have a way to vent/air out your climbing gear storage, sweaty smelly gear will stink up a van SO quick haha