Re-Insulating....A must?

Hey All, is it a must to insulate a shuttle bus moreso than what is already there? What it has is fiberglass panel siding (inside and out) but I’m not sure about what, if any, insulation is in the ‘walls’. It feels as though there is some type but my question is this: Is it a must do for all van lifers to do their own insulation beyond what came from the factory? I guess I should also keep inside the walls to see whats in there…

Greetings!

While some people will push you towards gutting it and starting over, that advice is in their best interest, not yours.

Better advice is “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”. In the end, only active heating, cooling, & ventilation are going to keep you truly comfortable, and this is true with or without insulation. Passenger vehicles are built to keep the passengers comfortable to begin with, and the chances of you improving on it slim at best.

Except for the seats, keep the interior intact. The only exception to this, is I’ll add carpet & padding if there is none. I really like carpet, warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer is a win in my book, then I add washable throw rugs on top of the carpets in high traffic areas.

Cheers!

"If you prepare for the worst, every thing else is easier." ~ Off Grid

Thanks bud! That’s kinda how I was feeling about it. Seems nice enough as-is. I may add some acoustical panels with an R-Value anyways so, win win. Thanks for all the quick replies. Progress is going well. Maybe i’ll start a build thread…

Greetings!

Oooooohhhhhhh… WE LIKE BUILD THREADS !!! :smiley: :heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

Cheers!

"The foolproof approach is to assume you're the fool." ~ MoneyTalks