Promaster roof noise fix - any suggestions

Hi all,
I have a 2019 Promaster 3500 159 EXT. I had an air conditioner mounted towards the front and a maxxair mounted towards the back. It is because I am building a lift bed in the back so A/C will be blocked with bed up,(just in case you were asking why.)
I now have a roof rattle in the front behind the seats and need to put some vertical bracing to stiffen the roof. Has anyone else seen or heard this? I am thinking of building 12 in x 6 in pillars on each side to shore up the roof without loosing pass through space or front seat reclining space.

Greetings!

Seeems like a couple cross ribs in front of and behiind the A/C with side ribs around the A/C would be a better choice. Basically a box of ribs around the A/C attached to full width cross ribs.

Cheers!

"Not having an emergency fund, is an emergency!" ~ Rubber Tramp

Thx.
Ac unit is in between 2 of the factory cross ribs. I added an extra cross rib in the next section in front of the ac unit but not the front to back cross ribs. Will the front to back ribs take the flex out?

Greetings!

It should help. A/C’s a really heavy.

Cheers!

"Not having an emergency fund, is an emergency!" ~ Rubber Tramp

I found the exact spot of the harmonic. It is right in front of a factory rib. I will try to use a shim to put pressure on the roof and the rib at that place to see if I can use a low effort fix

Thx

Greetings!

Are the ribs not welded to the roof? If not, you may want to shim both front & back of all the ribs, and all the way across.

I once did a tight fit of closed cell foam yoga mats between the ribs & roof of a Chevy van.

Cheers!

"Life can be as wonderful or as miserable as you choose to make it." ~ The Camper

Van Man