Prepping for the Build

I took down the original walls and insulation but I was left with a couple problem areas. There are a few spots that have a strip of squishy foam adhered to the walls and some areas where I haven’t been able to scrape off every bit of the old insulation.

Any suggestions on prepping the walls for new insulation etc? Also how important is it that I remove every last bit of the old insulation and adhesive?

For reference it’s a 1994 Vandura

Greetings & Welcome Back!

Let’s start with a little better description of what we’re working with, a cargo van, stock passenger van, conversion van, camper van, or ???

Cheers!

"Gutting or stripping a rig is usually a very bad choice." ~ VanLife

It’s a gutted conversion van.

I was able to peel the majority of it off then scrape down a good deal with a wire brush attachment on the angle grinder. From there I used a sander to get it smooth!

Greetings!

Be really careful not to damage any of the insulation on the wires.

I don’t know who did the conversion, but make absolutely sure that all the wiring is fused. Unfused wiring causes fires.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller

It’s all the wiring from the original van - the limo lights and bed switch etc. I’m actually looking for resources on how to remove what’s no longer leads to anything being used.

Greetings!

Mainly it’s going to be trial and error. Trace what you can and mark them, keep existing switches if they’re appropriate.

I probably wouldn’t remove any of them, just tape the ends to prevent shorts. You could find a use for them in the future.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller