Peter here and I'm an Australian travelling New Zealand

Hi there,

My name is Peter and I’m an Australian who pulled the plug on work a few months ago. I’m in New Zealand right now and just bought a small van/wagon that I’m about to kit out for exploring.

I’m based in Upper Hutt near Wellington on the North Island and will start trips from here but will be living in the van when I do the South Island.

Greetings & Welcome!

Exploring is a lot of fun, but without a job, what are your plans for financing it? It’s also good to remember that holes in your work history can close the doors of a lot of future job opportunities. Can you find an online or travel friendly job to avoid that gap?

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass it on!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Fortunately, I’m retired but I may pick up part time work now and again.

Welcome at the board. Best of luck for your trip. I just want to know you will start commercial trips?

1 Like

Hello Herma and thank you for your question. At this stage, I am just travelling for personal reasons but I am thinking of starting a business that may require me travelling and also to fund my travels. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Peter

1 Like

That’s good. However, with standard and unique vanlife things you can engage communities. Best of luck.

Hi Peter, welcome to this community! I love this forum as I learnt a lot from here. Hope you will enjoy your stay here and expand your knowledge for your personal traveling and also business that involves traveling!

hi peter! welcome to this great place!
new zealand is a beautiful place. hope u will enjoy your great nature travels.

2 Likes

Hello Dlore,

Thank you. I will do my best. :slight_smile:
RegardPeter

Hello Jessica
Thank you for the welcome. I’m looking forward to this lifestyle and hope I have what it takes.

Regards
Peter

1 Like

oooo wellington till north island.
i have never been to New Zealand before, but I would love to visit next time. I heard the scenery is great, and South Island is beautiful! have a good exploration around New Zealand!

Hey Peter!

I am originally from Welly, living the Van Life in NZ and loving it. If you need any tips for the North Island let me know, I am now a bit of an expert in the Hawkes Bay, Taupo, Bay of Plenty areas.

Might see you on the road one day, what’s your rig?