Parking issue/ resident parking for commercial vehicles

Hey Guys, am looking for some advice and suggestions. Am in the process of embarking on a van conversion, looking to convert a Ford transit into a camper. I live fairly centrally in Reading, and although I have a permit for my own car, the council stipulates it doesn’t allow residents permits to vehicles over 5.3 long or 2.25 high. A regular transit is definitely over these measurements. I was wondering whether anyone else in the community had run into this issue and how did you get around the issue of parking, I don’t want to park it and leave it far away from the house for long periods of time, and paying for a parking spot commercially is from a quick research a minimum of £70 a month which is way too expensive. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Greetings & Welcome!

Parking permits can be a royal pain even here in the USA. Do you have a friends or family with property that doesn’t have those restrictions? If you’re lucky maybe you could even work on it there… Maybe there is a cheap piece of property out of that jurisdiction?

Short of cheaper or better options, you’re likely going to have to choose between downsizing or paying their extortion fees.

Good Luck!

"Always avoid complicated solutions to solve simple problems." ~ OffGrid