Off grid Band Practice! Spots where we won’t bother anyone?

Hello everyone, looking for secluded spots specifically spots we’re less likely to bother anyone during band practice (live drums small PA system rock music). We don’t have four wheel drive so anything crazy off road is out of the question. Traveling in a Chevy cargo van with solar so we don’t need hookups or anything like that.

Can you guys think of anything that would work in New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, or California? Anything off i40, i70, i15, i5 or 101 would be ideal but we don’t mind driving several hours out of the way for spots like this. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi, you can jam out to your heart’s content in so many places. In summer, there are many National Forest dispersed camping areas with gravel or dirt road access that non 4WD vehicles can handle in every western state, just steer clear of established campgrounds and parks, and of course don’t set up next to other boondockers. Use iOverlander dot com and free campsites dot net to find spots. Some examples: In AZ, check out the Williams area off of Dogtown Road or the various areas between Flagstaff and Mogollon Rim. In Nevada I recently came across a group of talented buskers practicing at a great NF camp spot on spur road 007 which is off of FR 002 also called Dog Valley Rd about 25 miles west of Reno (technically in California as you cross the border on your way up the long gravel road). Winter is better because you have hundreds more desert locations such as Alamo Lake in AZ, the huge BLM land west of Valley of Fire State Park in southern NV (about an hour from Vegas), and of course Slab City in SoCal, just to name a few. Good luck!