Newbie from Virginia

Hi everyone! New to the forum. Love traveling and exploring this beautiful country. I’ve wanted a van but now I’m seeing people live this life on instagram and I’m inspired. Ready to start from scratch. I love building things so it would feel good to create my own space.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

It can be a great life, but it isn’t all rainbow’s & roses. Very few survive at it for very long and that’s one of the reasons that I always suggest that people should keep things as cheap & simple as possible in the beginning.

Never gamble more than you comfortably afford to lose. Never quit a job until you have reliable income from elsewhere, and never give up your housing unless you’re 100% sure you’ll never want to return.

In my lifetime, money from a reliable income source was the best solution for most of the problems that I encountered, combined with the wisdom of those who ventured out before me. I tried to learn from the successes & failures of others, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

I learned the hard way not to listen to or believe the promoters & influencers. Their advice is paid for, and usually among the worst and most expensive choices possible. Good products, services, & choices don’t need expensive promotion. They are not your friends, they are dishonest, slimey, selfish sales people who are only after your money.

The best conversions only cost hundreds, not thousands of dollars, and require very little work, skill, or time. KISS (Keep It Stupidly Simple), & RRRR (Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse, & Reimagine) for the win.

Cheers!

"Don't get the cart before the horse. Money first, vandwelling later." ~ MoneyMatters