New here, looking for Renogy answers

Hi all, I’m new here and was hoping some of you knowledgeable bunch might be able to advise on an issue I am having with my solar set up.

I have a Renogy Rover 40 charge controller attached to none-Renogy AGM batteries. Renogy advised initially via live chat to set the charge controller to SLD setting (there is not a specific AGM setting). Has been hooked up like this for about 9 months.

All seemed well until yesterday when I happened to notice charge controller display said “EQUALISE” and voltage was 14.8. I’ve never noticed this before but granted I don’t look at my charge controller every day. Could be new, or maybe I just never noticed before, impossible to say.

I know that 14.8 is the maximum charge an AGM should receive, but my concern is that I don’t know how high the “EQUALISE” voltage may go. My physical manual states that the SLD setting does have an “equalise” setting but max voltage is 14.6. So already 14.8 doesn’t seem right. Renogy have advised a different thing every time I ask them, they don’t seem to have a straight answer - the manual they sent me via live chat yesterday suggested SLD setting shouldn’t even have an equalise stage!

So my question is - what setting should I use on a Rover charge controller for AGM batteries. Should I be worried that my manual states equalise stage is 14.6 but mine were charging at 14.8.

Any help really appreciated

Greetings & Welcome!

Those readings are frequently inaccurate, so if the system appears to be working okay, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Cheers!

"Accountability, responsibility, sustainability,
& creative solutions for the win." ~ Old_Soul

Hello - thanks for the reply!

It’s easy to panic when it’s electric isn’t it, especially when it’s electric you have done yourself!

Greetings!

While it may be easy to panic, keeping ourselves safe should never be neglected.

Cheers!

"Accountability, responsibility, sustainability,
& creative solutions for the win." ~ Old_Soul