New here! About to ebmark on FT van life

Introduce Yourself…

Hey everyone, army vet, and my best friend(also a vet) have a 91 dodge leisure van, getting ready to embark on an adventure across America. Well be building and customizing the van along the way. Cost isn’t an issue for neither of us. We’re starting in ND, and plan to venture to every state in our great nation. We went to leave, destination unknown, that’s how we’re starting off lol, and the dam fuel tank strap broke. So, we’re in ND until tomorrow morning when the strap comes in. Our first customization is gonna be removing the kitchenette for something else. Hell hot plates, not to mention him and I can eat once a day and be fine, we figured we don’t need it.

Greetings & Welcome!

I would use it as it was intended for a while first. It’s a real shame to destroy a factory camper, and greatly devalues it. Better to sell it intact and start with an empty vehicle.

Only expeience can tell us what we want or need, and these can even change over time. Most of us find that we want comfy beds, a kitchen, a wet bath, power, heating, & cooling at a bare minimum. Eating out gets old and expensive quickly. No having any of the things I just listed is a real drag, really fast.

It’s much better to have everything and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I know this from years of experience.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable."
~ Off Grid

Wishing you safe and fun adventures! :v: