New and looking for best van to convert ,with a budget in mind

**Introduce Yourself…**Hi I am a retired man , interested in camping and traveling .Currently I am running a Ford F250 with a gear trailer . wife has told me she wants a van/camper for when she retires in about 4 years .so I am here to learn .

Welcome!

I’m too new to offer a suggestion on which Van is best to convert, but just wanted to drop in and welcome you to the forums. A lot of nice people here, and more than a few with experience they are happy to pass along.

So again, welcome!

Greetings & Welcome!

A van can be pretty cramped for 2 people. I would strongly consider a Class C motorhome.

If you’re stealth parking on city streets for free, a camper van can have a slight advantage, although I had very little problems parking a small motorhome or bus on city streets. I think the dividing line is whether it will fit in a standard parking space or not. All of mine did.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass them on!" ~ Van_Dweller

Check out Youtubes videos on “nomadic van life”. Lotsa vloggers out there tell about each rig they had and the pros & cons. Also watch vids like “Van Nationals”". They show the inside of everyones van. Some have queensize beds!