Living semi permanently

Hi I’m Laura, we are a family of 4 starting our dream of living in a bus full time! We’ve been doing some research for sometime but I have struggled to find anyone in a similar situation. I’d love to know of anyone with or without kids who have stayed somewhere semi permanent. We’re trying to stay near our eldest daughters school or find somewhere near a school we can stay. I’ve emailed a few campsite and land owners. I think I’m just looking for some reassurance. We’re giving up our family home and look forward to travelling on school holidays! Thanks in advance :smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Laura!

If you search on YouTube, you’ll find quite a few families living in converted buses (“skoolies”) I don’t know of any families doing this personally so I think they’re going to be your best resource for that specific information. From what I remember though, most of them home school and travel almost regularly. One of the families I enjoy watching called Adam /Joanie Adventures with their three kids.

I’ll do some checking and see if I can find any skoolie families that are also semi-permanent in their skoolie living. The closest I could find right now was a video called Skoolie Family Homestead | S1 E11 Today’s Tiny House Parking Spot. There are also a lot of van dwellers who still live in the same city, work their same jobs, but just moved into a van to save money. It just might be another resource for you.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Many campgrounds and RV parks don’t allow skoolies, but some older ones do, and also trailer parks.

Many people in skoolies live and work on farms too.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like