Kia ora from New Zealand

**Introduce Yourself…**My name is Tony, new to the forum and to Van Life. I have been on the road for 3 months now.

I put it off for a while as I thought I was “running away from life” by living a life on the road. Now that I am here, I realise this is running TO life, not away from it!

All the haters, all those who look at van lifers a dirty hippies…#sorrynotsorry but I am now living my dream life.

Thanks for having me Project Vanlife! :slight_smile:

Greetings & Welcome!

We’ll look forward to hearing of some of your adventures!

I’m currently in the frozen North of the USA by the Great Lakes. Hasn’t been above freezing all week, a big change from hot & humid all summer near Miami, Florida, USA. Commitments seem to always land me in the wrong places at the wrong time for good weather, but luckily I’m well prepared for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at me. I worked as a traveling construction worker for over 30 years, and it was frequently in the areas of the worst weather as well.

I work for myself from my van now, but have been helping elderly friends in Duluth & Minneapolis MN, and South Beach FL (South of Miami). One day, I’ll be able to follow good weather instead of bad, but until then I just make lemonade out of lemons. The good news is that my van is warm and cozy, so I’m a happy camper. :yum:

Cheers!

"Proper Planning is preferable to premature failure" ~ DreamLife