Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello the name is Jenni, I wanted to introduce myself. I am not yet a lifer, but it is the plan.
My daughter leaves for college in the U.K come September & this mom has nothing holding her to this life anymore.
After a toxic relationship of 12 yrs we were left homeless, finacially ruined, and no one to call a friend. We ended up out here on cape cod in shelter, but once she leaves, I am in the car to begin my life on the road.
I am excited to have found this community via the instagram & can’t wait to experience the life I believe I was meant for… Many thanks to the creator of this site & hope I can continue to contribute. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
:v::heart::sunny:️

1 Like

I think vandwelling is a good cure for the empty nest syndrome…if you remain where you were when she resided with you, everything reminds you she is gone. But if you are off on an adventure of your own elsewhere, you don’t have time to mope. Best wishes and keep us posted.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Instagram is not an accurate description of life on the road, neither is youtube. All the people promoting this stuff are doing it for the money. NOBODY should be actively promoting this lifestyle. If it’s right for you, you would have known without anybody suggesting it.

It can be a great life if you take it slow and don’t get caught up in spending a lot of money on things you’ll regret later.

Get an income figured out first and foremost. This is one of people’s biggest downfalls.

Your sleeping arrangements are the next largest issue, a good nights sleep is one of the most important things in your life.

You didn’t mention what kind of vehicle you have, savings, or source of income. These are all very important things in planning your future. Most everything can be done on the cheap, but it’s still a long ways from free. In fact if you’re not careful, it can cost you a lot more than not making the change, especially if you’re listening to the promoters.

Living in anything smaller than a van is going to be difficult, and even a van isn’t the best choice for everyone. Simple things that most people take for granted suddenly become much more difficult. Bathrooms, showers, kitchens, heating, cooling, and power can suddenly become huge obstacles that need to be overcome. Being homeless and surviving in a vehicle is one thing, but that’s no way to live intentionally. Careful planning and strategies are in order to prevent that from happening to you. Those dreams can turn into nightmares very quickly if you’re not careful.

I’ve been successful at living in vehicles and traveling for many years now, and will be more than happy to offer any advice I can. Youtube and Instragram tend to paint beautiful pictures, but they are usually very far from reality.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Much love! :heart:
Thanks for the kind words it really does mean a lot.

This is just the start we got a bunch more coming out soon.
Our vision for ProjectVanlife is to make it a place where our community can come to find all the necessary resources needed for a life on the road. Since, all the information is scattered, hard to find, or incomplete at the moment.

Even though we manage the biggest vanlife community on Instagram I totally agree to this!! :pray:

thank you, I am trying to look to the brighter side of things during this crazy transition. I have thought about trying to couch it for a year to maybe get better living quarters, but I will definitely be coming around for those tips.
Thank you again for your kind words and I do understand that not everything is as it seems. Some of the vans are nicer than any place I’ve lived in my 38 yrs… so, I know it’ll be a rough road, but its definitely a journey I was meant for. Less is more in my world & I’ve been working on making my footprint even smaller. :v::heart::sunny:️:kissing_closed_eyes::dash: safe travels

Greetings!

I’m not typically on instagram, just when somebody posts a link. I’m not even a member, but I would love to hear more about this!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Greetings!

A positive attitude can get you a long ways in all aspects of life. Give a holler, I can offer tips and advice from afar.

Cheers!

1 Like