Just bought my van

Hi I’m Connie 57 year old truck driver for the road construction season in ND.
Bought a 1998 Dodge 3500 extended 14 passenger van. Cannot wait to start my build. Still pondering the design.

Greetings & Welcome!

I don’t normally suggest DIY projects for beginners. Since you already have the van, I will give you my best suggestions.

A) Start by removing the rear seats, DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE!

B) Move your new furniture in, don’t build it in. Secure it using the existing seat mounts.

C) Skip all the bad choices the promoters like to push like solar panels, 12v compressor fridges/freezers, roof vents, and more. (I can help with inexpensive but reliable and convenient systems for just about everything.) [Directions/Instructions]

D) A fully outfitted, fully functional, totally self contained, comfortable, convenient, and reliable camper van can be built for hundreds, not thousands, and with no special skills needed. (Once again, I will be happy to help with any/all phases and systems.)

Cheers!

"Adequate & required ventilation defeats insulation, so why bother?" ~ FreedomAin'tFree!

1 Like

Thank you for the Info, do you think in carpet and paneling are enough insulation

Greetings!

Yes, with passenger vans you want to keep the original interior floor, walls, and ceiling intact whenever possible.

Cheers!

"Adequate & required ventilation defeats insulation, so why bother?" ~ FreedomAin'tFree!

1 Like

Thanks…saved me a lot of trouble.
Just bought an inverter/generator…should take care of things…2200 watts

Greetings!

Cool! You can’t go wrong with a good generator.

Cheers!

1 Like