Introduction- not a van owner yet

Introduce Yourself…

Hi…My name is Aimee and I have been having fun reading posts. I am in the market for a van to begin my journey and have learned a lot from this forum!
I am not planning full time life, but month long trips. Currently living in Nebraska .
Any suggestions for beginners welcomed!

2 Likes

Hi Aimee! I’m a newbie too. I attended the 3-day virtual VanLife seminars and they were jam-packed with tons of info! Did you attend? I, too, am contemplating what type of a van to purchase and am looking forward to hitting the road for weeks or months at a time. I’ve always road-tripped in my automobile and my current one (Mazda CX-5) works fine in terms of MPG and sleeping, but I’d love to have something I can stand up in, has the basics (fridge, stove, toilet, sink), so I can have more versatility in terms of sleeping arrangements. Currently I find safe highway Rest Areas and they work fine, but I’m looking forward to being able to go “off road” and find public lands to stay on for a few days at a time. What are you looking forward to doing?

1 Like

Hi Melody… I have been sending myself National Park road trips! I currently have a Subaru Forester that I thought I could probably manage to sleep in if I needed to. I do have a tent but I’m not sure I’m brave enough to travel the country by myself with just a tent. I have family in wisconsin, maine, Washington state, oregon, and New Hampshire so would love to be able to drive to visit people. There are so many amazing things to see!

1 Like

Hi there! I’m in Nebraska right now! It’s my homemade. I have several youtube videos about preparing for vanlife. https://youtu.be/wjiUq37_cso
I’m happy to answer any questions. I’m in Lincoln and will be hitting the road again in just over 2 weeks.

1 Like