Induction Cooktop?

Anyone have experience with induction cooking? I have been considering one for the safety factor of cooking in tight quarters. The price has really dropped on these things. $30 on Amazon 1500W, 7” cooktop. It would definitely make the meter spin on the inverter drawing around 13A. Probably use mostly on shore power or genny.
Is a 1500w unit powerful enough, most look to be around 1800?
What type of cookware works and what dosent?
Any other tips, pros, cons?
Hey, for $30? It would be a nice addition with our microwave if they work.
Thanks!

Greetings!

Unfotunately your math is wrong. The formula is watts/volts=amps. So 1500w/12v=125amps+inverter loss=150-160 amps. Not a trivial amount.

That’s why most people only use them if they have shore power or a generator.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable." ~ Off Grid

Sorry, I was referring to shore power.
We use the micro for premade meals and reheating only. Usually 1-4 min max on the inverter. Same with our Mr. Coffee Jr.
George Forman Grill and an Electric Griddle on Shore Power or Genny.
I was thinking just using it on the picnic table for quick meals with quick storage option with no waiting for things to cool down.

Well after doing more research. Checked all my camping cookware, mess kits, pot, pans, you name it. The only thing that would work is my old, retired cast iron stuff which is too heavy and hard to clean.
A decent induction cookware kit would cost around $60-80, Twice as much as the Induction Plate! They seem to becoming pretty popular in the Marine and RV Industries. If I was starting with a new build I would strongly consider it, but for now I will stick with what we have.

Greetings!

Promoted stuff attracts a lot of suckers. I was not at all impressed by induction cooktops. I like pot roasts, and other slow cooked meals I can eat on for a week, stove top pressure cookers & cast iron dutch ovens over low flame seems to work the best for me.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable." ~ Off Grid

As I stated my interest was safety from burns and a fast cool down to pack up and move on, not sit around while my cast iron Dutch Oven cools down and my campfire goes out.
I was wondering how much EMF one of those things are emitting, probably a 5’ halo with an inductor large enough to create that much heat, not to mention the current draw.