I'm a newbie, you're a newbie - let's be friends

Hi! I’m Phoebe and I live in my '97 Renaukt Trafic named Sheila (she’s a good girl). To me, she is perfect, even the rust. I am currently stationary staying with family while I get some repairs done, she needs a new exhaust fitted and some holes need patching (hoping this isnt too expensive! any advice on welding/patching rust holes - thanks!). Hopefully back on the road after that.

I’m very glad to be here and I hope that by finding a community I can share my journey and engage with other van people - the people in my life ‘dont get it’ and I often end up feeling very alone and that leads me to doubt and fear which are not welcome!

Anyways, just wanted to say hi - Hi!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope the repairs go well. There’s a good community here.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: All luck and good vibes are welcome haha

1 Like

Hi! Awesome to meet you! I’m new to this forum too and I’m with you- most people wouldn’t get it.

2 Likes

Hi fellow newbie :slight_smile: yeah I find that really difficult, especially the people within my family. Anyways, we have each other now!

2 Likes

Absolutely :blush: we can make our own families too!

1 Like

My family don’t get it either. I’m 57 and about to be jobless. I want to get on the road and see things before im too old. My friends are shocked it’s not a boat because they say im a pirate.

I haven’t bought my van or RV yet. Looking now. Good luck on the repairs!!

Laney

Greetings & Welcome!

Aye Matey! I took a year to do both legs of the Mississippi loop in a camper boat! An adventure to remember for sure.

Land legs or water wings, there’s more than we can ever see in a lifetime without even leaving the country, and it’s constantly changing. Places I haven’t been to in 20 years, I don’t even recognize now… :wink:

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

Hi Phoebe, I’m new here too. Being retired I’m also nervous about a couple of vanlife things - but this site seems to be extremely friendly and helpful so I’ll probably get some of my queries ironed out along the way. Hope you make lots of friends here.

Hey @EmpressNewGroove! Nice to meet you, I am a newbie too!

There is a section for the maintenance section. You can either create a new post by clicking the new post button on the start page of projectvanlife OR you can use the search function directly on the left upper side of the start page.

I just tried that and found out mine is not working, it is not showing results. Hope they fix that!! ;D

I also came here for the community of this place by the way! :slight_smile: Hope to make connections…

See ya!