I am a Newbie but, an Oldie Nomad at heart

Hi,

I am a Newbie but, an Oldie Nomad at heart. I’m in the process of getting rid of everything I own, I don’t have a house to sell so, my finances and cushion is not that large for finding a rig, and, making this dream work for me. I’m not sure if I was a van or a class C at this point, but, I am learning everything I can to "hopefully be prepared for whatever may present it’self, good and not so good.
Of course, it all depends on budget.
I can’t wait, I used to collect old train sets when I was a kid, I would imagine hopping a freight train to see the USA. I still do, but, this time, I’ll be the driver. :slight_smile:
If anyone is selling “Cheap” Camper Van or Class C “Toyota, preferably” please let me know. Just looking for a start to build on.

Thanks, for the invite.

Many enjoyable, safe adventures…

Sachetby

3 Likes

Do you plan on making money while living on the road?

You should also make a seperate post about this so more people can see I. Do you want me to send you some links to places where you can find thoose for sale?

Sachetby, I am so glad you are embarking on your dream! I too have not reached the level of understanding of the budget aspect of all of this. But, I love your inspiration to get started! I guess I could earn some good money by selling all of the stuff I have? I guess what I can start doing is start selling stuff and putting it in a fund? I knew I wouldn’t want to take all this stuff with me, but I didn’t realize that this stuff could transfer in the money so I could get started. I appreciate your share!

Melinda

Greetings!

Don’t get in any rush, the road will always be there. Make a plan, then backup plans, then an exit plan.

Lack of proper financial planning is the #1 reason for failure of #vanlife. You have to know how to make money on the road. I think working online is best, but many people also stay put long enough to work regular jobs and save enough to travel for a short while before they settle in for another job.

Making money is an art, or possibly a skill. You can never learn too many ways to make money, the more the better. Learning this and building a reliable income is the best first step to becoming a nomad. Once your finances are in order, everything else becomes easier.

Cheers!

"Those who believe money can't buy hapiness, don't have either." ~ An Anonymous Vandweller