How do I find actual inside buildable dimensions of 2023 Ford Transit?

I just purchased the VanSpace 3d software last night and I’m struggling just to even get my van dimensions set up! This does not bode well for my ability to build a van!!

So none of the Ford Transit templates in the software seem to really come close to the dimensions of a 2023 Ford Transit Long Body (not the long body extended) with high roof on the Ford site. Since the van is on order, I can’t physically measure it.

Does anyone have a good source for the actual measurements of the inside buildable space so I can modify one of the templates? I’m getting different numbers everywhere I look. The only width measurement I can find on the Ford site is between the wheel wells, but since I’m building above the wheel wells that measurement doesn’t help me.

The Ford website says for cargo length at floor 143.7 and at belt 133.6. I don’t know what at belt means? Inside height seems to be consistent at 81.5"

Thanks,
Robyn

Greetings!

If possible, I would find one at a dealer & just go measure it myself.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

Thanks, so far the dealerships closest to me don’t have any on the lot, but they are supposed to call me if any come in.

Greetings!

I don’t know if dimensions really matter that much anyway… My advice is to never buy anything until you actually have the van, unless it’s totally portable, or small enough that you it’ll fit somewhere.

If it’s a cargo van, you can’t really plan for windows, floors, walls, or ceilings until you actually have it and can eyeball it yourself. Even vans of the same year, make & model can vary significantly.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

Thanks! That’s great advice. I was getting way too caught up in exact everything. I was trying to get a head start because it will be at least three months before the van comes in. I can still get ready but like you said don’t buy anything until van is here!

1 Like