Hooking up house battery

Howdy all,
My E350 Ford van was a paratransport with a side chair lift. When the lift was removed, the lead-acid house battery was disconnected. Currently I have the positive lead terminating in the cabin of the van and, once the battery is reconnected, I want to install a combo meter, inverter, and plug bank to run various items/gadgets.
My question is: what off-the-shelf product should I be getting and which ones should be avoided?

It is all very confusing. I took the easy way out and bought a EcoFlow!

Hi @Nancy103

What items do you specifically want to run?

Mostly cell phone, tablets, 12v water pump, led lighting.

@Nancy103 For all of the items you have specified, you don’t necessarily need an inverter.

You can buy 12 volt USB charging plugs for cell phones and tablets…easily available on Amazon and eBay.

The 12 volt water pump speaks for itself and most “12 volt” LED lighting can operate between around 5-30 volts…again, easily available on the big two.

If you do feel the need to install an inverter, look at the highest potential load and add 50% for redundancy so that there is less chance of overloading it.

So, for instance, if you want to have the luxury of a small travel electric kettle…these are rated usually at under 1000 watts, and therefore a safety margin of an extra 500 watts would be desirable. In other words, look for a 1500 watt inverter just to be on the safe side.

Again, most of the inverters on Amazon and eBay are of a reasonable standard these days. if you’re unsure…have a read of the reviews, good and bad ones to get an idea.

I hope this helps.

All the best.