Hi! I’m an oldish newbie

Hello to all! I joined these forums a couple months ago, but I think I forgot to introduce myself.

I started looking into Van Life about 6 years ago. This past Feb., 2022, I took the plunge and purchased a partially built out 2003 Ford E250 with about 117,000 mis.

I named her the Indigo Van. Found her online, flew to Baltimore, and drove her home to Florida.

I’m in the process of finishing out the build and have lived in it for about 4-1/2 months, now.

On a more personal note, I’m 64; I’ve been married 37 years. I worked as a teachers aid and substitute for over ten years. I completed my degree in 2014 and taught for two years until becoming disabled in 2017.

My plan is to eventually be able to drive North in the summer. My health suffers in the Florida heat.

My mom and sisters live “up North.” Mom will turn 88 this year, and I am anxious to spend time with her while we still can.

I am a very creative person, and I hope to be able to do some creating and selling to supplement my income.

I wasn’t exactly “born in the backseat of a Greyhound bus, rollin’ down Highway 41,” but I do come from a long line of wanderlusters.

I apologize for being so long-winded; I know some people don’t like that, but that’s just me!

I am happy to have found these forum boards of like-minded souls! I hope
to get to know some of you and also hope to gain lots of knowledge from the more experienced!

Peace Up!
Karen

Hi Karen! Welcome! I got into this at age 50. I too use my van to be near my aging mother. I wish you the best on your travels!
Also being long-winded is awesome :wink: