Hey - another newbie!

Hey all
I’ve recently acquired ‘the bug’ and have become obsessive with the idea of buying a panel van and doing a Greg-Virgo-standard conversion. I know I’m at the start of a very long and in depth journey - currently researching van types and just trying to understand what I want out of a camper van. But anyway, lot’s of reading and YouTube’ing to be done!
Cheers

1 Like

Hey-o!

Welcome to the forums, I was just getting started myself about a year back and have found tons of good advice on this forum.

As you go along don’t be afraid to ask questions or post your build, fun stuff like that. Look forward to seeing you around here. :smile:

Greetings & Welcome!

Greg Virgoe does have a beautiful van, but it didn’t seem all that practical to me. The devil’s in the details… It didn’t look especially comfortable or functional to me.

Cheers!

"Always avoid expensive solutions to cheap problems." ~ OffGrid

Thanks Rydel

Still very early days but hopefully it’s the start of a fun journey!!

Hi @Van_Dweller

In all honesty I don’t have much basis for comparison, but I can certainly appreciate the craftmanship that Greg put in to his van. His use case is also vastly different to mine (my build would be for 2 adults and 2 young children for short breaks), but there’s a lot of inspiration and useful advice I can take from his videos (electrics, water/plumbing, insulation, etc). Furthermore, he’s been especially helpful when I’ve contacting him directly via Facebook - can’t really ask for more of someone who is doing this as a hobby. I’ve deffo a lot of time for him :slight_smile:

Greetings!

This is absolutely true, everybody’s needs are different. Glad you’re finding his help useful.

"Always avoid expensive solutions to cheap problems." ~ OffGrid