Here's our recent build of our Honda Odyssey!

My partner and I just set off in our newly built Honda Odyssey, which is the second van that we’ve lived in, and I just finished up editing our youtube video of the tour/build of it. I thought I’d post that link, and add some additional photos here for anyone interested!
The build actually went super quickly for us! The main components that we added really only took two Saturdays to finish. Most of our time was honestly probably spent going back and forth to Home Depot for little things we forgot, or exchanging things because we got the wrong size/type. But that’s what’s awesome about having a small van, is that there’s really not toooo much that you can add. I think we kinda hit the max of different things to build in our van.

So, here’s the video! <—

and here’s some photos of the process:

Any questions about our build are totally welcome! Would love to help out anyone interested in the life, especially about converting a “mom van” because we totally love ours!

3 Likes

How did you guys hook up the sink?
and what are you using to power your lights?

1 Like

The sink is just a hand pump, with two water containers underneath. One for fresh water, and one for grey water. We also have a one gallon propane tank underneath to power the connected stove. We also have a Carbon Monoxide alarm and a fire extinguisher just in case.
And we just bought a 6 pack of puck lights from amazon, which can be pushed on or off, or they can also be controlled by a remote, which is nice because we can dim them using the remote.

1 Like

Love the nice simple build. Looks cozy :+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks! We do love how cozy it is!

2 Likes

Hello from the other side of the Columbia River!

How did you attach the shelf and the ‘cupboard’ to the side of the van? Looks like a functional build! Nice job.

Nice! What did you use to put up the puck lights? Is is permanent?

I’m so impressed with how much you managed to fit in there! I used to have a Honda Odyssey as well and also loved it!
Is the deep well in the back from the flip out back seat? (Mine had one) How did you extended it into the middle of the vehicle?
Are you full time in it now or just use it for camping?

Wow! gives me some Ideas for my dodge grand caravan! How did you manage to fix the bloc in the window cupboard like?